Monday, June 27, 2011

I entered a contest!


This is my first contest entry.  I finally got up the nerve to do it!  The card is inspired by my trip to Hawaii.  We stayed right on the beach in Kauai and saw the sunrise every day.  We didn't usually make it to sunset thought - I was sick with a stupid sinus infection the entire trip.  At least I was in a fabulous place!

The background is all sponging using Stampin' Up! colors and round daubers.  I created the rocky beach and palm trees with a black craft marker, then ran a bit of brown ink lightly over it.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but there is some shading on the beach thanks to the brown ink.

UPDATE:  The people at Crafting Ireland have published my submission!  It is in Issue 2.  Just flip the pages until you see it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment