Monday, August 1, 2011

Red, White, and Blue

I actually made this card yesterday, but decided not to post it until today.  Why?  Because I sat in a staff development session all day and have not had time to craft.  So now I share with you my red, white, and blue card.  I love the navy blue and deep red that I had in my scrap box.  This red is usually reserved for my Christmas cards because I am super picky about the reds and greens I use (love the deep, dark colors).  But since these were scraps, they didn't have to wait until Christmas to get used.  :)


The card was very simple to make.  I started with a red scrap that wasn't quite long enough to cover the card.  So I took navy cardstock and my MS punch for the border on each end.  I left 1/2" solid to cover the gap.  The center is just squares, starting at 1/4" going up to 2 1/4" in 1/4" increments.  Instead of lining them up square, I set them in a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment