Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend

It's Fourth of July weekend here in the US, celebrating our Independence Day.  Most normal crafters are busy posting their most patriotic designs.  Me, however, not so much.  Why?  Because when you are designing cards for Operation Write Home, you have to have holiday cards ready months in advance.  (They have to get to the shipper who packs the cards, make it overseas, get to individuals, and make it back over the ocean -which can take a while.)  So today you get to see a Christmas card instead.  :)


Now, I am slightly annoyed at my scanner right now, but there isn't much I can do about it.  The coolest thing about this card is that it is actually on a transparency sheet.  The blue background paper lines up with white on the inside so there is room to write.  The white embellished paper came in a handmade paper pack I bought at Hobby Lobby on a whim.  Mr. Penguin is from the Stampin' Up! punch pals. I colored him using my ever wonderful craft markers.  He is mounted with a dimensional dot for the 3D effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment