Tuesday, July 17, 2012

August

August

The August card is simple red and black.  Now, I don't edit my photos.  I just take them with my iPhone and upload as is.  Basically, if I don't like it I take another.   I point this out because  the red in the picture is MUCH brighter than what is actually on the card.  Oh well.

I liked the "tag" concept and made my own - cut rectangles, and the use a corner rounder for the top.  My crop-a-dile punched the perfect holes to attach my string.  The string is glued down to the card; it doesn't really go anywhere.  Little tiny bling stickers accented the sentiment "Think of You" and the date.







September

This was inspired by a pin on Pinterest.  I liked the color scheme and swirls. 

For the card center, I traced an ink box and cut the shape out.  A plain rectangle was just too boring.  The stamp on the center and the border is from the Stampin' Up!  baroque motifs set...possibly my favorite stamp ever.  I hand cut the petals for the flower, drew the stem, attached and accented with a little bling.  There you go, a card for September!

No comments:

Post a Comment