Thursday, July 19, 2012

October and Others...

October

Halloween - possibly one of my favorite holidays!  I love the dressing up and being something other than yourself for a night.  I am not so into the gory/gross stuff that tends to come along with it now.

This is a very simple card (as are most of the cards I make), just a cauldron of some green goo bubbling up.  Reminds me of Shakespeare's Macbeth.  Everything was cut freehand.  The goo is two separate pieces of green paper - the bottom part is actually a scrap from cutting the shape of the top part of the goo!









And now miscellaneous cards...all of which will be going to the Operation Write Home box.  Their no glitter rule kills me (oh, how I love glitter!), but it is for the protection of the soldiers and I completely understand!

First up, a Christmas card.  Santa's belly to be exact.  I used black ribbon and a piece from the SU hodgepodge hardware set to make the belt.  The fluff at the bottom is a bit of cotton ball.
















Next up, You're So Sweet.  The background is from the Sweet stack by DCVW.  Every other page is glittered and I decided that I would make a card with every non-glittered page for the OWH box.  I bordered it with a baby blue and printed the sentiment with my printer, added a couple brads, and used dimensionals to make it pop.  Everything is outlined in brown - either SU close to cocoa or chocolate chip.












And from that same piece of paper, a second card.  I like the concept of bubbles, so I picked up my trusty circle cutter and had at it.  The green, brown, and pink papers are scraps that were sitting in my scrap drawer.  They picked up colors from the circle nicely.  I edged each with a slightly darker ink for contrast.  The white background was too boring, so I used a bit of blue and  sponged until I was happy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment